There are umpteen ways, in which you can look and feel younger. A huge array of cosmetic aids (ranging from rejuvenating creams to botox shots to sophisticated microdermabrasion procedures) can chip away years from your appearance . . .
Yet, from time immemorial, there have been some simple, ingenious practices that, people claim, have helped maintain both their glowing complexions and general good health…,
The simple lemon is nature’s gift to humanity. Its health and beauty enhancing properties are countless and invaluable.
Here are two simple daily routine practices that can make you look and feel good. Include these in your daily health/beauty regimen.
The pre-bath face lotion
In a dish containing a tablespoon of very hot milk, squeeze in drops of fresh lime juice. Keep adding drops of lime juice until the milk curdles. Allow the curdled milk to cool. Now dip fingertips into the milk and apply it all over your face and neck.
After fifteen minutes wash your face with lukewarm water and pat dry. Within a week or two your complexion will acquire a glow.
Why is this good?
Lemon and milk are both rich in alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) in its natural form. AHA is good for your skin because it can help
· Exfoliation: removing the outermost layer of dead skin cells
· Makes skin smoother and even, and reduces wrinkles
· Stimulates collagen and elastin (Collagen makes your skin firm while elastin keeps it taut) content in your skin structure
Drink water as soon as you wake up
Add freshly squeezed lime to a cup of warm water and drink it first thing in the morning, before that refreshing cuppa. You can have up to three glasses of this lime water.
There are a dozen or more invaluable benefits of this simple ritual. Warm lime water
· Acts as a diuretic and in the process of cleansing, removes the toxins from your body
· Stimulates the digestive organs to produce the right juices that aid better digestion
· Acidity affecting digestive system is reduced and the right pH levels maintained
· Helps in weight loss due to presence of the enzyme pectin
· Antioxidants present in lime juice help firm the skin, give it a natural glow and keep wrinkles in
· Reduces the risk of kidney stones
· Immune system gets a booster dose of nutrients that helps
1. Resistance to cold and other respiratory ailments
2. Improved nerve functioning
3. Control blood pressure at optimum level
4. Increased absorption of iron by your body
5. Act as an anti-inflammatory agent
6. Replace lost fluids in lymph system and hydrates whole body optimally
So, next time you visit this page, it will be a healthier, younger looking you!!