The simplest cleaning routine is washing with mild soap and water. Skin should be washed gently and moisturized regularly. There are different skin types and which determine how, how much and how often the cleansing routine should be followed. Most people clean their skins 2-3 times a day. If the skin is oily the cleansing routine should be done 4-5 times a day to wash away the dirt and unclog the pores.
People with dry skins should avoid using harsh cleansers and soaps which will have a drying effect on the skin. They need to use oil based cleansers instead of soap. Combination skins need cleansers with a balancing formula for avoiding moisture loss.
The Best Tips
- • A face mask of egg and honey gently removes tan from your face
- • Cucumber juice mixed with milk can be used as a cleanser
- • For a oily skin, cut a lemon and apply the juice over your face. Leave it for 20 minutes before washing off with cold water
- • Mix honey and milk and apply it on your face for 15 minutes. It will make your skin glow
- Apply buttermilk on skin for 15 minutes to soak up the excess oil.
- • Carrot juices , if applied daily on the skin will lighten blemishes
- • Orange Peels mixed with milk act as a natural bleaching agent. Apply for 25 minutes and wash it off
- • Sandalwood paste if applied everyday on the skin will make it glow.
- • Mash a banana/papaya and apply the paste on your face for 20 minutes to make your skin glow
- • Use olive oil as a moisturizer. It can be also used on a sunburn.
- • Cotton pads dipped in chilled cucumber juice will reduce dark circles under the eyes.
Foods rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin A , Vitamin D and anti-oxidants such as tomatoes, oranges, lemons, papaya, broccoli, Amla (Indian gooseberry) will provide the nutrients required to make your skin glow and free from wrinkles.
Apart from the above mentioned tips, protect your skin from the ultra-violet rays of the sun by using creams/lotions with Sun Protection Factor (SPF). UV rays will make your skin age faster causing wrinkles. Drink plenty of water (8-10 glasses per day) and fresh fruit juices. Avoid carbonated drinks. Sleep for a minimum of 8 hours. Avoid alcohol and smoking. Following these simple guidelines reward you with a permanently glowing skin!