Aging is a common natural process which can be delayed, if not prevented completely, by age retarding facial exercises. Exercising save you’re the trouble of going for expensive cosmetic surgery which can also be painful and may not provide the desired results.
These exercises if done systematically and consistently can help remove aging effects like muscle atrophy and make you look younger. These exercises have the power to revitalize your facial tissues and shape and contour your face easily. The other advantage is that you can perform these exercises at home or anywhere by using an anti-aging face roller whenever you find it convenient. The benefits are immense as you can look and feel good as you age.
Here are some simple exercises that help to rejuvenate your facial skin and tissues as facial skin is the first to show signs of aging.
• Face tone exercise is an effective age retarding exercise, where the facial skin is extended and pulled upwards. This helps in tightening of the skin. For this, mechanical gloves are used. Lotions, creams, or gels are applied to pads which are rotated over the face using a machine.
• Chewing a gum is a recommended anti aging facial exercise of the cheeks. The repeated motion will help in tightening your cheeks.
• Age retarding exercise for lips requires you to push your lips out and make a round shape, stretching them forward in the process. Now smile as wide as possible, hold for a second and resume the round shape again. This needs to be repeated 10 times a day.
• For the eyes, shutting them tightly and then opening them as wide as you can, helps in relaxation of the eyes.
• Another eye exercise is to press a finger on each side of your head at the temples and keep opening and closing the eyelids rapidly a few times. This is to tone up the eye muscles.
• Close your eyes and sit in a relaxed pose. Keeping your eyes closed, look up and down repeatedly for about 10 times.
• Look straight while sitting upright. Keep your eyes wide open and look up and down ten times. Then look left and right without moving your body or head. Repeat this for ten times.
• For the forehead frowning is a good exercise. Frown by bringing your eyebrows close to each other. Lifting your eyebrows, open your eyes as wide as you can. Repeat this 5 times.
• The other effective facial exercise is to repeatedly lift your eyebrows as much as you can then bring them down. This helps in keeping the forehead wrinkle free for a longer time by distressing it thereby retarding the aging process.
• Lines on the forehead are clearly visible. They can be removed with a simple exercise. Keep the pads of your middle fingers at the top of the nose bridge. Now place your index fingers each side of the bridge of your nose, just below your middle finger. Hold both fingers gently but firmly and gradually move the muscles under the fingers in an upward direction. Make four or five upward movements, holding 15 seconds and then return in four slow steps. Repeat this three times.
• To remove the sagging of eyelids, lie on the bed with your head hanging over the edge. Raise your eyebrows keeping your eyes wide open. Repeat this ten times.